Priority areas and key documents
The Urban 20 Communiqué will succinctly present the U20 Mayors’ common grounds and roadmap to the G20 leaders, while requesting their commitment towards future joint action.
The communiqué will be the outcome of the U20 2018 Mayors Summit, to be held in the City of Buenos Aires on October 30, 2018.DOWNLOAD COMMUNIQUÉ
The Mayors of 25 cities from all around the world signed on April 18, 2018 the first joint declaration of Urban 20 (U20), which seeks to promote dialogue and cooperation between the U20 cities and G20. Thus, the mayors of the main cities of the G20 countries propose to the G20 leaders to work together on key issues for global development, including climate action, the future of work and integration and social inclusion.DOWNLOAD THE JOINT STATEMENT OF URBAN 20
Urban 20 White Papers are composed of research articles by academia, independent experts and strategic and advisory partners to U20. The documents seek to approach in greater depth each one of the lines of work of Urban 20 –that is, social integration; action for climate; future employment; gender equality and subnational financing-.
All White Papers will be published during October 2018, in advance of the Mayors Summit taking place in the City of Buenos Aires.
- DOWNLOAD: "Implementing the Paris Agreement at the Local Level A Framework Proposal to Foster Vertical Integration in NDCs"
- DOWNLOAD: "Inclusive Growth and Social Cohesion in Cities: An OECD Approach"
- DOWNLOAD: "Upstream Planning For Sustainable Infrastructure Projects"
- DOWNLOAD: "Urban Mobility, Health and Public Spaces: Reshaping Urban Landscapes"
- DOWNLOAD: "The Future of Work in Cities"
- DOWNLOAD: "Affordable Housing in the World’s Cities"
- DOWNLOAD: "Urban challenges in the 21st Century"
- DOWNLOAD: "Promoting Subnational Financing for Cities"
- DOWNLOAD: "Urban Water Resilience"
- DOWNLOAD: "Gender Inequalities in Cities"
- DOWNLOAD: "Translating Global Vision into Local Reality: Building the right knowledge and policy infrastructure to support local sustainable development"
- DOWNLOAD: "Building open, transparent, responsive and inclusive cities"